Thursday, February 12, 2015

PillowCases from Alaska

I forgot to count the pillow cases I made at the retreat.  Last time we were in Alaska, two years ago, Frank and I went into the Quilt Alaksa shop in Skagway.  He picked out some fabric for a couple of pillow cases.

When I pulled out the fabric at the retreat, someone wanted to know who made the birds.  It is from Hawaii!  Go figure.  




They surfaced in my quilt room when I was cleaning up a corner one day last month.  I think they are my favorite so far!

 






Love that blue bird batik.  And the bear and claw Tlingit symbols. 







2 comments:

  1. I have some of that same fabric that is the first picture! My brother was on tour - with who? I don't remember - and must have been bored out of his mind, because he ended up in a quilt shop and bought some Alaska fabric for me. Your pillowcase are very nice! I do like that bird batik too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!