Monday, February 9, 2015

Ugh! Monday!

Krotz Springs Bridge
Ugh....I hate Mondays.  Parade yesterday went well, lots of people but they were not in a t-shirt buying mode so we do have some left over.  Usually I sell out by parade end. 

Ugh....I came home with a headache, which is hanging on today. 

Ugh.......I see a surgeon once a year after the thyroid ultrasound.  The surgeon rescheduled, well, they had changed his schedule sometime in the last year and failed to call me to reschedule.   So I went there, amidst all the TRAFFIC and hectic people with sick loved ones, and he was not in.  So I am going back today.

Atchafalaya Bridge
Ugh......I just laid on the sofa and did  not touch a piece of fabric. 

But I did see this, and it made me more UGH!

A pound is 3500 calories. It takes 2 jumping jacks to kill one calorie.  So if  you do 10 sets of 100 jumping jacks for a week,  you knock out a pound.

I can do jumping jacks, but not sure if I can do 1000 of them a day................Ugh!  I need to find another exercise that requires less than a 1000 a day.

Like moving the Roomba from one room to the other.  Or picking up dog poop.  Yes, those are the things that should burn pounds!

I will cross that bridge when I get to it , I guess.






2 comments:

  1. Well I just read that you burn 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day just sitting on the couch doing nothing. Combine that with picking up after 3 dogs and a husband aerobics - you're golden :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoveling snow only burns 288 calories an hour! With all the snow I have shoveled this winter it should take more calories to burn than that! This evil fitbit has been taking me to task recording my walking and exercise vs. my calories burned. I have never watched calories like this before. No wonder I have too much junk in my trunk!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!