Thursday, July 27, 2017

the Year of the Fish

I am not sure what Chinese animal calls this year its own, but I think this is my Year of the Fish.  That water theme is really strong, isn't it?

Two or three years ago, you know the flood took out a whole year of my creative life, I found this duvet cover at Purple Cow for $3.99.  I will try to find the original photos but they may be in the part of the server I haven't been able to recover so far.




The piece was made of a gorgeous open weave linen with this fabulous strip of fish running up two rows of three sides.  I took it apart with the idea I would use it in a quilt.  I knew it would evolve into a perfect combination of blocks and colors.  Let it percolate, so to speak.  I have used piece of the linen in dye bases a few times.  And I have a lot of it still, it was a large cover. 


A few weeks ago I found the perfect quilt!  One that would lend itself to an improv idea.  Today I had a chance to play with a few rounds.

So far, this is what it looks like.  I am still rtrying out colors and combinations.  There is also a round of yellow and blue patches, maybe sea green in there too.

Oh, and it is the Year of the Fire Rooster, if you were curious.













3 comments:

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!