Thursday, September 28, 2017

Patriotic Quilt

So I finished the Patriotic Quilt.

Carol, did you get to see the Smithsonian Channel things?  Tonight I am watching Sacred Sites in Ireland.  Can you imagine what people who lived 5000 years ago thought when they saw a comet?  Someone could certainly take advantage of people by playing on their fears.

Anyway.

The Patriotic Quilt.

Well, I stepped back and saw a pretty cool quilt.  And two pretty good mistakes!  Of course.

You may not quickly see them.  I didn't.  And I will admit, I corrected one, but not the other.



The yellow star shows the misplacement of the little squares.  The block is turned one turn wrong.  The green arrow shows the actual block unit segment that is turned wrong within the block.  I will leave it to the winner of the quilt to find the thing I did not correct!  Most likely no one will ever notice and it saved me a TON of ripping and replacing!

Speaking of ripping.

I tested the idea of three different threads for quilting.














 Chose one and did a complete row of a panto design across the top of the quilt.

Hated the color blue on the quilt.

Ripped it all out!






How do you determine the size of your batting?  I am pretty primitive.  No measuring for me.  I just lay it down and whack it off!



McGee's fabrics from Molly finally arrived from Oregon.  He was quite excited.  He feels he has made a connection.

In the fabric group there are sharks, floating cities, flowers, sheep and giraffes among the lines and patterns.

He is excited to see what a wonderful group of fabrics Molly sent.  I think it was actually Buddy who picked McGee though.







4 comments:

  1. Me-New has been fondling the orange fabric Molly sent. She (Me-New) loves the way they go with her coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one is going to notice the oops. The quilt is stunning! I cut my batting the same way. What color of thread did you finally decide on? I probably would have gone with a cream to match the background. McGee's fabric are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most people won't notice, most of the rest won't care, some of the remaining will think you should have fixed and the final few will probably worry that you noticed it after you finished and and worry that you worried about it. My response is who cares it is beautiful and will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Once it's covering someone, no one will ever notice the turned block. If they complain, no more quilts for them! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!