Tuesday, November 21, 2017

One Road Through Town


(I am linking up to Freemotion on the River, check out what others are working on too.)

My One Road piece is coming along.  I just need  to do a few more squares and I am going to call it done.  If you remember this is going to be one of my entries into the  CFAL Show this spring.  I forget where it will be. The theme for the year is Journeys and for the first  quarter the sub theme is Entry Ways.




And the challenge for the Fiber Group for December is Doorways.  So I need to pull together a piece for that as well.  I need to add that to my OMG goal for December!  
 
I realized the embroidery looked like it was overwhelmed by the blue jean background.  But as I went on I changed my mind; I thought it might be a good thing.

When you look at the piece, it appears complicated, so that draws the eye to the lines and colors.  But as you look at it, you realize there is so much more.  So it draws you closer as you look for the rest of the town.

You see the alligator in the swamp first.  And you see a house, a factory and a playground. 






The quiet embroidery draws you into the piece.


A sailboat on a lake.

 A playground, 












 A  factory for the moms and dads to go to work. 



I am liking it.  Even though it is not what my mind's eye envisioned in the beginning of the piece, it is OK.

I like the turn it took. 




Sometimes in art, you need to go where where the piece takes you.  Regardless of where you want to go!











2 comments:

  1. Your embroidered images are so sweet! You make me want to start another one of my t-shirt pieces so I have some embroidery to do!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!