Saturday, November 18, 2017

Fox Blox

Do you remember last year?  I barely do.  That flood thing really messed me up.  It literally stole a whole year from my life.

Last January 2016 I joined the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and chose two blocks to  work on.  One was an Asterisk and the other was Foxes.  I worked on both diligently, well, every month for the most part,  OK a lot, alright?

Somehow the box that held the Fox Blox survived the flood, the  move to Charlene's house, and then the trip back to Baton Rouge.

I used to take them out each month and set them up on the design wall to see how the various colors were fitting in with the others.  They always needed to play well with the other blocks.

I decided to pull out the Fox Blox and reacquaint myself with what I had.


If I needed to fill in, I was prepared to do some piecing.

Once I got everything on the design wall, I decided it was large enough and started putting them together.










I got to this point and decided to call it a night.  i will finish this to the top stage tomorrow.  And have another UFO another step closer to a finish!



 I had these guys leftover so they will go into the backing. 


Oh, and I already have the fox backing!

And I am linking up with Small Quilts for the Monday Design Wall Post. 
Click there to go to see what all the others are working on

11 comments:

  1. They almost didn't make it home! It is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to come back from before the flood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see so many foxes got done and it is getting closer to done. Love that fox fabric for the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fox top. Glad you are enjoying your home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fox quilt top is turning out wonderful! I am so glad it was saved from the flood. You said you used scraps? Right now I am overwhelmed with scraps. Making a quilt like this wouldn't even put a dent in my scrap pile. I think I need to make a one patch charm quilt to see if that would put a dent in them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this quilt - so glad it survived this past year. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, I am thankful you are back to quilting again. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I remember the foxes! So glad you still have them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the fox blocks, too. They look even better than before. :) I'm glad you're working on the top. Isn't it great how quickly they're coming together now?
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling Fox blocks. Glad they survived and are becoming a real quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!