Thursday, December 28, 2017

28 Birds on Dec 28th --- Finally

I think for the most part of this month I have been caught up.  Just when I am not caught up it seems to be BIG.

I did work in the sewing room all day.  Except when I had to go outside and retrieve one of the dogs, sometimes two together and once all three.  The day was so frigid I didn't want them outside for lengths of time.  Damn, it was cold picking up doggy do do.

Future Bird
 When I started this bird thing, I intended to do a couple of birds to get the hang of the technique then put it aside to plan a quilt after I finished several other  things.  Like my OMG stuff.
Nicole said, December and all the holiday stuff is so difficult to control.  She was right.

I want to do a grey background with black and white birds.  The beaks would be the pop of color. I have been collecting greys and, of course, black and whites.  Making this guy made that ides resurface.  So I guess he is Future Bird!


Peachie Margarita


I found the Parakeets!   They just happened in this afternoon, probably taking shelter from the cold rain outside.  It seems tat most of the birds in here are boy birds.   This girl is definitely a lady.  She knew Apple the Brown Betty Bird had come by and she came to visit bringing her  friend with her.

They sampled the various margarita mixes and decided to stay!

ZeLima Margarita

Peachie Margarita and ZeLima Margarita travel together often.  They sometimes hang out in Luau Paloma Bars, gaily twittering about in the canopy of leaves above the customers heads.

They look best on a bright sunny day when they can spread their wings and flitter about in splendid color!

Yes, Peachie and ZeLima Margaritas are the best!

2 comments:

  1. You are the best bird namer of all time! You need to make some
    Chirpindale dancing birds next. Ooh la! La!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see you having so much fun with these. And quiltfabricart is so correct - you have superior bird-naming skills! Can't wait to see the quilt you make with these. I will have to show your birds to my next class!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!