Monday, December 11, 2017

UFO Challenge from Patchwork TimesIm

I generally do the UFO Challenge every year.  Last year was Flood Year so it was a non-UFO Challenge year.  I will do it this year though.  I couldn't resist a good list!

The gist of the game is to list 12 UFO projects and each month Judy will call a number.  You work on that one and post the end result.  And hopefully get 12 finishes in December 2018.

I will need to combine UFO Challenge projects with OMG projects.  Otherwise I will overwork myself to death by June.

Here is my list for the year:

1.  Bind Swimming Pool and Triangles
2.  Red Riding Hood - Paper pieced
3.  Finish London Tea Towel
4.   Finish Bird is the Word
5.  Quilt Orange Mystery Houses
6.  Quilt Foxes
7.  Finish GreenSquares BlackTriangles
8.  Quilt diamond Dogs and finish
9.  Make Birds of the World for Frank
10. Zig Zag needs quilting
11. Quilt Modern Guild Houses
12. QuiltCorner Traditional needs quilting


I guess I need to  post photos of these and put it on my blog header so I can find it again.

There are a couple other quilts I want to get done this year.  One is the Elizabeth Hartman Llama quilt Lloyd and Lois.  The other is a Yeti Quilt for Sawyer.  I want to get more modern and improv through the year as well.

I spent a lot of time doing quilts I liked OK, and then fell into the Modern genre.  That is where I want to live now!  Like my closet after the flood.  I only buy with a LOVE now.

It is amazing how cleansing losing everything can be.  I still don't understand why my clothes got tossed though.  And all my underwear.  And socks.  I didn't have one pair of undies to my name!






3 comments:

  1. Because men were doing the tossing! They didn't understand the washing machine idea. They got into the tossing mode and everything went. Besides they were lead by germ-a-phobic Frank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an interesting UFO challenge not being in control of what you work on! LOL!! I started 2017 with 25 UFO's on my list and have gotten 9 done so far. I don't know if I will be able to get much done with the floor refinishing project going on this week. The house is a wreck and it is hard to focus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished several projects-in-progress this year but think I have as many partially complete as when I started the year. Sigh. This might or might not be a good challenge. I'm not sure I want other people telling me what to do/when to do something but getting them finished is enticing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!