Friday, January 19, 2018

Is There a Brain in There Among the Quilt Patterns?

Yesterday was filled with doctor stuff.  Carrie called to ask if I could baby sit since his school was closed, but I had appointments already filling my day. Luckily Frank was home and he was delighted to take charge.  We don't often get to have him and I was glad to be have the opportunity.  Andrew's mother seems to live there so I didn't want to miss out on that. 

I was in and out of the house, doing Papa-Relief in between driving on some still icy streets.  But once again, I was alone dealing with everything on my own.  Seems like that is my state of being.

They were able to combine to the MRI and Ultrasound into one appointment due to the cancellations they had.

Interestingly, it was recommended that I see a neurologist.  I looked up his stats once I got home and I was a bit uneasy.  His specialty is brain tumors and brain oncology.  I have a quilting friend who is having brain surgery today and one of our board members died of a brain cancer several years ago.  Not sure I want to be in their company.

We met Carrie and Andrew for dinner and baby dump and I went home to bed, exhausted from the day.


I did get a a bit of a chance to work on one of my little 3D pieces.  But the machine does such a horrible job of stitching, that I ripped it all out in favor of hand-stitching a big running stitch with perl cotton.  I really need to take that stupid machine back and let them dismantle it.

I thought I would make a star block, but this guy had a mind of his own.  Does not look like a star at all!  but it looks very Improv!

My favorite block I think is this one with the curves.   Also very improv.  I would like a whole quilt like this one. 

I  am going to get a pile of these faced so I can sit at night and do the hand work.

You know, I might have to get some 12 wt thread.  Wouldn't that work in the machine and be a heavy thread?  I guess I have to order it, that it probably would not be easily found in the local stores.

Then I am going to start on one of the big print quilts.

And soon I will have to start giving a quilt to everyone I know again!  LOL






4 comments:

  1. "Andrew's mother seems to live there": What an ugly thing to write! How far away to you live from their house, 10/15 minutes? I live about 45 minutes away? "Live there", I could with blessings from both Carrie and Andrew! Can you say the same? Complaining because I babysit Sawyer? Why not be elated that I do? I did not see you write in your blog how all Christmas presents from you to Sawyer were taken back home. Especially the Radio Flyer wagon which if Andrew/Carrie wanted to use it, they would have to go pick it up at your house and return it. REALLY! So when this Maw-Maw had one shipped to Sawyer, all ugliness surfaced from both you and Frank!

    Quit being so self-centered. Life is not just about YOU! YOU! ME!ME!

    This will show up as Anonymous because it was the only option that fitted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch...won't even comment on above comment! Anyway.....glad you had fun with the wee one! And hope all is well with your Dr. visits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now ! I know why you don't visit your daughter and grandchild as much as you would like. Wow! 😨
    On a more positive note, can you ask whoever recommendedyou to see the neurologist why they think you should? Maybe it will put your mind at ease. The fact they suggested it must have you a bit worried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!