Wednesday, January 17, 2018

3D ---- 3D ----- 3D


These are just photos of the flowers Frank brought the other day.  They are so bright, just like the pieces of fabric I have been working with today.

I got a photo email birthday greeting from my dentist today.  Really?  As odd as that might seem, it was a picture of chocolate cupcakes, piled high with chocolate frosting that was piped in a big swirl, with a  white chocolate flourish.

I think they want me to get cavities.....

So I have been playing with more improv squares today. 

I have an idea how to put them together, but it won't be in a quilt.  I am hoping to have another piece for one of the shows.  I have two coming up.  

It hit me today that I can put them into a hanging rather than a quilt.  

Here is the progress so far.  I am going to stop making squares and work on the assembly.  And work out HOW the assembly will go.

It will be 3 dimensional.  

We shall see as it progresses.






2 comments:

  1. I'm curious how this will be 3D. Must check back to see your ideas. Beautiful flowers; they do match your fabrics. How nice that your husband knows you so well. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower colors and the quilt! Cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!