Tuesday, March 27, 2018

30 Day Performance Challenge, Swim Class and A Quilting Challenge

Thursday is the culmination of the 30 Day Performance Challenge at the Southern Oaks Athletic Club.  This is a neighborhood workout/swim/tennis/leisure club where we are members with along with some friends and family.  To promo a new piece of equipment that does a sonograph of your body in a pre/post comparison of fat/muscle body make up.  Really interesting. 

You go in, get scanned.  Get really bummed out.  Work like a dog in classes for a month with a personal trainer.  Get scanned again.  And compare.  The winner gets bragging rights and a free month and some other stuff.

I told the trainer today when I left, no matter what happened at the test on Thursday,  there is nobody who has worked harder or gotten further than I have in this month.  I am in a class with two of the facility owners, three class instructors, a twenty something, a thirty something and a forty something. 


Yep.  Nobody's worked harder.  I am definitely stronger, thinner, more muscular and leaner. 

Sawyer and I started swim classes on Monday.  He is a natural and I got to show off how great I looked in my new swim suit.  They took promo photos to use for the brochures for the Baby Buoy Swim School. 

Sawyer floated on his back and on his front and kicked and loved the water.   He reluctantly wore some swim fins. Ate the floating ducks with relish.

I love the photo of him with the rings.  He is definitely headed for the Olympics!  I think I will save this photo and show it to the world when he stands on the podium accepting that gold medal while the American National Anthem plays proudly in the stadium!

The new quilting challenge for Remember Me Guild is to make a two color quilt with either the Kona Color of the the Year Tiger Lily or the Pantone Color of the Year Ultra Violet.  Trouble is, I can't find any place that has any amount of either one.  And the Purple one is scarce as hen's teeth.

Any ideas where I can get some? 

I know what I want to do.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you to work so hard and feel the results! I would say some serious internet searching would be the place to look for the fabric you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E-quilter has some great purples and I would suggest just going there finding the solid and then use their matching program to find coordinating fabrics. You look good and more importantly you are happy with your accomplishment. Wear that bathing suit with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! So glad all your lifestyle changes have paid off. You must feel really good. Barring any major floods I think you will stay on the healthy track.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!