Sunday, April 29, 2018

Chaos. Really.

That is the best description of the last 5 days.  Really.  And you know my life, so this is really something to say about these days.  Really.

My computer goes to Tim at his shop, still don't think it is right.  But I really can't explain it.  It is like it just changed overnight.

My digital camera went to the repair shop.  Just weeks before the Iceland/England/Norway trip.  They swear they will get it back to me in time.  Or die trying.

I hit a personal weight loss goal, finally.  Still have one more to go.  But that one I am not so dead set on.  I have the trip and several other things coming up that will just fit in with it.  I have a Performance Fit Testing on Tuesday.  Don't expect to win this one like I did that first one.  I just want to have an appreciable percentage body change again.

At Sawyer's mini-Party thee other day, I used Frank's iPhone
to take photos and plugged his phone into my computer.  Thusly changing his phone's identity to mine.  Which made him appear as Glen QuiltSwissy to all his business contacts.  Who laughed at him! 

Carrie is so creative
So we spent two days going back and forth between ATT, Tim and The Geek Squad.  Oh Lordy!  Two days fighting with getting it straight.  It was a frustrating mess.  When we would get Frank straight, it would mess me up.  When we would get me straight, he would get my texts.  On and on.

Then we had Sawyer's real Birthday Party today to help with at Carrie's house.  The high chair he is in was the one Frank used when he was a baby.  Luckily it survived the flood because it was living in the storage building not at the house. 

In between over the weekend, we had two snakes and a dead mockingbird to pry out of various basset mouths.  Which is never easy.  Once they get a prize they don't like to let it go.  Have you ever pried a 2 foot thin snake chopped up into 3 pieces from the mouth of a dog with a steel plate in her mouth?  She is adept at clamping down and never giving up!


The mockingbird must have randomly died and fallen into the yard.  McGee found it on one of his hourly surveys of the yard and he just took advantage of it.  Chloe was the alert dog only because she wanted it and thought if she could just yell in his ear loudly enough he would give it to her.

I intervened and took it away from both of them.  If Chloe had gotten it, I never would have been able to get the bird.  McGee reluctantly gave it up like a good boy while Frank restrained Chloe with brute strength!

So for the last 5 days of chaos, I have done nothing but deal with computers, phones, snakes, birds, dogs, babies, birthdays, push ups and weight sets.

And I am glad to start the week with the promise of something a bit slower.........

3 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading about the chaos. Remember that book, thriving on chaos? I tend to think we are at our best when the game is on and you do it so well!
    Sawyer is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a horrible week, but it is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glory be girl! You sound like you are living in Crazyville! Hopefully you get more time to yourself this week. Congrats on your weight loss goal! I am working on mine right now. I have set the bar high this month, but any loss is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!