Monday, August 20, 2018

Queen Bee Delivered

I took the grandson yesterday and held him hostage until Carrie agreed to have lunch with us so I could deliver the Queen Bee Quilt to her.

It worked.  I stuffed myself on shrimp tacos while the baby ate jalapenos from the nachos we ordered.  You should have seen his face, but he kept asking for more!

He might be related to my dad Uncle Buddy and cousin Terry who would compete each year to see who could grow the hottest peppers.

I am going to work on clearing out some To Be Quilted piles I have laying around.  There seems to be about 20 quilts that need to be quilted sitting near the long arm.









And I found some orange, yes Orange, Minkie yesterday that I am going to put on the back of those crazy Orange Tabby Cats.  It should make the quilt more desirable to own.  I will probably

do that one first because of the novelty factor with the Minkie.  Although Lori said once you do Minkie you lose your desire to put regular cotton on the backs of your quilts.  So it may be a dangerous precedent.


And I delivered my fiber art piece The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane to the CFAL people so they could have it for the exhibit that will travel the state.


2 comments:

  1. I have never used Minky on a quilt - but I know CB hated quilting on her longarm due to the fuzziness. Will be curious to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...when my grandson was a toddler, he loved jalapeno bagels...so grandma would pick them up to take with me on my babysitting day (every Wednesday)...until a month or so passed and the day care asked what he was eating on Wednesday's....they had the clean up on Thursday's...my DIL finally told me no more jalapeno bagels! :(

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!