Sunday, August 5, 2018

The Big Party!

Yesterday was the Big Party Day.

I spent 5 days working on the house.  That schedule taped to my counter helped a lot.  I always knew where it was and could add things as they needed to be done. You always have last minute things you think of like the proverbial:


*%$(OMG! Why didn't I do that 3 DAYS ago?)*&%

It helped, it didn't completely erase those moments!


Diane, Carrie Jason Sawyer

One of which was the Fruit and Veggie Trays.  I ordered them from Albertson's and then I asked Frank to grab them when he went out for the ice on Saturday morning.  He comes back with a cereal bowl full of chopped fruit and a kid sized tray of carrots and broccoli with a tablespoon size of dip between them. 

Gary and Matt
Really?  This looks like a Veggie Tray to you?  So in order to allow my guest to have veggies if they wanted them, 
I resolved to only eat the brownies.  I made sure we had LOTS of brownies!


Matt and Sawyer
Other than that, things went really well.  I sat there thinking that these people will never get together like this again.  Rodney's Alzheimers is getting worse.  Ethan is starting his senior year
Karen, Michelle, Kenny





Gary, Carrie, Andrew


Kenny or my Dad (either way, same face)

Michelle

 in Denver, Matt just finished his Plebe year at the Naval Academy.  My brother's kids are getting scattered - one in Kentucky and one in New Orleans.  

It was a good time we were together, talking about the things we used to do.  Grandma and Aunt Annie and how they watched all of us at one time or another.  


Matt and Sawyer
The young cousins got to meet their youngest Cousin Sawyer and the oldest Rodney got to take charge of my kitchen and do what he loves best:  be the Chief Cook and   Entertainer.  

Ethan and Lucas were off somewhere with video games and the dogs  They are getting two golden retriever pups on Sunday for Jason's workshop.  

I hope the Bassets modeled good dog behavior examples.

I don't know why I don't have a photo of Rodney.  He was really enjoying himself.  He spoke in his Cajun French and flirted with me when I was drying the dishes he was washing.  He was out there working the grill to help Frank with those Amazing Ribs, He had a great day!

And the dogs were perfect.  Well, once you get over the first 15 minutes of :

+*&^%#    OMG PEOPLE ARE HERE 
AND WE ARE SO $%@ HAPPY TO SEE THEM $#%^*

There was even one time when  the front door was wide open and people were leaving and DiNozzo was just standing there waving goodbye to everyone.  He didn't even step out!  

What a good dog I've raised!

What a Great Party I threw.

And despite the fear that I was hiding the number of people I had invited and that 30 people would really show up, Frank survived too.

I asked him, if you thought I was hiding people from you then why did you get such a tiny bowl of fruit?






6 comments:

  1. I am do glad your party went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a good time was had by all. No pics of your world famous ribs? Isn't that why they all showed up? Sure wasn't for the veggie platter. - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that planning paid off and it looks like everyone had a great time. No picture of the tiny bowl of fruit or brownies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy your party went well. It is a joy to see family still get together and have fun as they age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! You did good there lady!!!! See, you're still my idol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you pulled it off!! Everyone looks very happy. Glad your pooches were good. Mine do that same "So Glad You Came To See Me" bit.
    xx, CArol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!