Monday, January 21, 2019

Concordia

I wanted to show you something.



Remember my favorite quilt The Concordia?  By Nancy Purvis in her book Quilts by Design.

I was going through my photos, trying to do some sort of organization.  Which so far has been hopeless.

If you have a better system you have a social responsibility to let me know.

But I digress...….

I was going through some photos and remembered about the pelicans.  Every year around October the American White Pelicans use the flyway to head to their nesting grounds.  They stop at the LSU lakes and feed on the heavy vegetation and fish in the lakes.

They offer us a gorgeous sight if you are lucky enough to be able to head to the lakes around campus and the weather is good.  Last year everything was perfect and I was able to spend about an hour photographing the birds.

I immediately recognized the pattern used in the Concordia Quilt.  See what you think.






6 comments:

  1. I say your eye catches something mine doesn't, but that is what makes are unique. I do love the quilt and I do love white pelicans, so I am not all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort my photos into albums by quilt project - that's another reason why each quilt has a unique name. Quilts that are gifted or donated have their folders shifted inside a larger folder titled GIFTED or DONATED. Family photos are sorted into albums using a last name_first name_year naming format. Love your connection between the pelicans and your quilt design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooohhhhh! now your Concordia makes sense to me, too - i figured that you knew what it was saying, but i didn't understand it till you held my hand and led me there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i miss the pelicans !!! I remember i would be driving home from work, and drive by the LSU Lakes, and suddenly - there they were , so beautifully white and so many of them !!! thanks for the photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt does look like their wings. Cool quilt - cool pelicans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pelicans! I didn't even know you could get huge crowds of them like that; it is very, very cool. I see too the connection with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!