Thursday, February 14, 2019

Zuni

I am making the Zuni Quilt from Southwestern Modern by Initial K Studio. Kristi is a modern genius!

Ah may zing!

But is is HARD.

Well, not really, but you do have to be precise and mindful.   You get one rectangle set the wrong way and wham! You are out of whack and your block is is wrong.

Since my fabrics were dark where the pattern was light and light where the pattern was dark it was a continuing problem to keep it straight.  So I made a drawing of the pattern with the colors the way I needed them to be.

















This worked out better, but I still was fighting with making the Half Square Rectangles in the correct orientation.


So I made a copy of the pattern and cut it up. I placed the Tiny Blocks in their spots on the design wall, making sure they were in the correct orientation.


I could then take the Tiny Block to the cutting table and make certain the blocks were correctly oriented.  

Pet Peeve, you say?  Why yes, I do have a pet peeve, a serious one.  I have a big problem with people who say orientated, when they are meaning oriented. 









Here is what my design wall looked like after a bit.  



 And here is what I had planned for the center.

Mr. Red, jump on in there!


And Mr. Red complied!

I have another row of triangles on both sides.



But I am loving it so far.

Thank you Mr. Red!


4 comments:

  1. Looking good! You are getting really inspired and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colours you have chosen a lot and Mr Red looks right at home.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!