Friday, April 19, 2019

Today is Make My Dog Happy Day!



we went to Sam’s this morning to reload on chocolate chip cookies, I saw this alligator in the dog food aisle.  We used to have tons of squeakies laying around when we had Chloe and the 2 Swissys, Bonnie Doon and Dutch.  They LOVED squeakies!




But when I acquired the Basset Boyz they destroyed all the squeakies in mere seconds.

So for years we didn’t have any.  Chloe really missed having Squeakies.  We would say that she always packed her bags when we went for our nightly walk because she would collect all her squeakies and bring them with her.  I would end up carrying one or more at some point,  but she always wanted to take them with her.

Bonnie Doon would fall asleep with her huge hedgehog in her mouth every night.

Recently when we had a CAAWS event, Subaru donated a box of their car squeakies and I took some home with the idea of handing them out in the neighborhood.  DiNozzo got hold of one and played with it without immediately destroying it.  After several days he killed the squeaker, but he plays with it every once in a while.

So I brought home this gator today.  He was in dog heaven!  He carried it for hours!

I made my dog happy today!

ADiNnd that makes me happy!





1 comment:

  1. Knowing they are happy is so heartwarming. My daughter's dogs usually have squeak toys that are indestructible according to the tag and they generally last about 2 weeks. I have spent hundreds of dollars, but it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!