Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Cutting DiNozzo Up

I brought DiNozzo to the vet yesterday for his five-year teeth cleaning. The Swissys never needed teeth cleaning because they were all voracious chewers. As was Chloe. They always had a squeaky in their mouth and they always had a hard bones to chew. But these two Basset’s are just not toy loving dogs.

We all know McGee is a swallower.

I decided to have a  Number of his cysts removed at the same time he was under for the cleaning. I think this was better because he would only have one surgery, one anesthesia and one set of uncomfortable days.  He had about 10 cysts removed.  And one that was on his ear!

He looks like a bomb sniffing dog whose bomb exploded!!

Last night was a rough night. He was very sore from the cyst removals all over his poor little body. And his teeth were sore. He didn’t want to eat until about 11 o’clock.

I was such a bad mom. I failed to get soft food for him, it didn’t even occur to me until I needed to feed him at 11 o’clock. But his kibble has small bits and he drank some water with it so I guess that was a good thing anyway.


He ate breakfast very well this morning. And he seems to be doing much better. He still a little slow and moving gingerly.

In a few days his soreness will be gone and he will be well on the road to recovery.

With clean teeth !!!

3 comments:

  1. As my daughter would tell clients at the vet clinic "You have to make the hard decisions to take care of them. They are content chasing shadows."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor pups! I am surprised McGee is not wearing one of those collars to keep him from bothering his stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always feel for the little, term used loosely in this comment! :), ones when they have teeth cleaning or any surgeries. Looks like he came through just fine!!! How are you feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!