Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Leafy Quilt Along

When I saw Elizabeth Hartman’s new quilt pattern Leafy I I knew I was going to do it. Then I found a quilt along for the pattern set up by Melanie in Germany.  Like and idiot I  just joined in!!  I figured it was probably going to be the best way to get it done, right.  You can see the progress at the Instagram #leafyquiltsewalong. Or join in and feel my pain. Like I have nothing else to do.

It was a bit confusing because I started cutting  out all the little tiny pieces and found out that the full leaf, the top leaf, and the bottom leaf all have ABC DEFGHIJKLM pieces but they’re different sizes for each one. So I have a bunch of pieces in a bunch of Ziploc bags and did I say it’s really confusing.

 This is why I don’t do intricate blocks. Although the quilt is really not an intricate block by Elizabeth Hartman standards

It will be an amazing one though, you have to admit. And take a look at Mr. Macho Man overlooking the whole process






4 comments:

  1. That is a pretty pattern, but way to precise for me. I will be looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Is there a date it is suppose to be finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you'd do this to yourself! Fab pattern! But I'll stand here on the side and watch, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!