Monday, September 9, 2019

Leafy Quilt Sew Along

I made some leaves today.  Our project was to make 1/4 of the necessary leaves for your project.  Mine may be a pillow before the end of all this.

I made three leaves while Frank watched the LSU game Saturday night.  Not bad considering it was very small and fiddly pieces.  I hate small and fiddly pieces.  So I struggled through.  And this is not the half of it.

There are three leaves, basically.  A full leaf, the top half of a leaf and the bottom half of a leaf.  I thought they would all have the same alpha lettering for the various sizes, but no.  Each leaf part had its own lettering.  So there are three different size A blocks, three different size B blocks, etc on down to T blocks.  Well, somewhere in there the half blocks stop having as many pieces as the full blocks do, but you get the picture.

But the reward was these three blocks.  And I posted the three
blocks to Instagram to put myself proudly in the group of wonderful people making these blocks.

Melanie, the coordinator of the Sew Along, asked if I had done it on purpose, or was she the bearer of bad news.  There were no stems on my leaves.

Hmmmm.

I was pretty sure I followed directions.

When I was making the blocks, I was pretty sure there were no instructions for the stems in my booklet.

But the next morning when I perused the booklet, sure enough, there were the elusive stems.

So I spent several hours yesterday unsewing, adding and trimming blocks to include stems.

They tell me I am better for the trial.  

3 comments:

  1. If I have to read a booklet to make a quilt, forget it! Not happening! No way! Bravo to you for doing this. Maybe they will get easier the more you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd have just put a black strip on top and sewed it down. Too many fiddly pieces are not going to happen with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, look at you go, girl!!! I would have just painted the stems on...but that's lazy me! Love this quilt pattern!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!