Monday, September 9, 2019

What?

I was playing on my computer this morning, something I rarely do.   I hit some buttons at the bottom of my Windows screen, just to see what they would do.  Often that does not work out well for me.

I clicked on a circle and found Cortana, who is like Siri.  So I asked some random questions, like how is the weather in Timbuktu.  After I exhausted all my questions, I wondered if I could ask Cortana to open a photo, so I suggested a photo.  But I don't normally name photos so I randomly asked for an image number.

To my surprise, Cortana asked how I wanted to open the photo, and one of the suggestions was Snip and Sketch.

Oh, goody, more buttons to push!

It is a program that was uploaded in October 2018 during a maintenance upload.

And it is pretty cool.

It draws stuff on top of your photos, documents and various and sundry other things.

Here is my masterpiece from today.  Patriotic Bird was my guinea pig.   I think I can use this.  If I can remember I have it.



Wouldn't it make a great quilting motif idea generator?  I have to figure out how to control the images coming into the program.  This was actually a small portion of a larger photo.  But that can be worked out.

Interesting, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, great! Something else to eat up my time on the computer! Thanks a lot! HA HA HA..seriously, thank you! I love using new tools. I use IrfanView but will try this one!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I have a Win 7 and need to replace it by January because MicroSoft will no longer support Win 7. I really want to continue to have a desk top so I'll be shopping. I think you found a fun program that you will probably use when you learn more about it.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!