Sunday, November 17, 2019

Monoprint, So Far

Here is the experiment with water color in tubes and monoprinting.  

I first put the original together without using a brush, just from the tube to saturate the paint.

Let it dry overnight and then pulled some prints today.  You reactivate the original by spraying water. I thought about spraying water about halfway through so I had to spend 20+ minutes in my unorganized chaos looking for the spray bottle I knew I had.

The single item is the original and the multiples are the prints I pulled from it. The interesting thing about using water colors is that you can reactivate it later and change it up.  There is a fixative you can use to finally make it permanent when you are ready.

Don’t you love the eye icon in the bottom set?  Perfectly ironic!  Looking at them here I see that they strongly look like faces!  That doesn’t come across in close viewing.





4 comments:

  1. Not my favorite of your projects but interesting. How are your eyes doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting pieces. What do you plan to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, let's face it....I see faces too. Will be interesting to see where this art form takes you. To a good place, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the eye print is interesting but the first one is scary! Fun technique!!!! More please!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!