Monday, February 24, 2020

Hildegard Von Dumpsteur

To answer some questions about Hildegard Christine the organizer.  She does a schedule where she meets with me, leaving about two weeks between visits.  My homework has consisted of things like fat quarters finding and organising; sorting supplies into predetermined piles; deciding use of space and time in work processes; and deciding just how many irons and seam rippers one woman actually needs.

She has no idea I have 5 sewing machines!  Hee hee!  I feel subversive!  Actually, I did think 5 was a bit excessive since I only really use 3 of them.  So I gave one to a very deserving friend’s granddaughter.  It is an old Janome I was given after the flood.  Pass along......pay it forward.  The last one may or may not work. It is a machine from family and I just need to test it out.

I did admit to myself that I probably won’t use a lot of the fabric my mother had that got incorporated into my stuff after she died.  So I sent about half of them, all those Walmart florals, to the Wasted Women Group who create QOV quilts and charity quilts for the area.  Good causes.  I also collected all the orphan blocks from 30 years of making them and donated them as well.  You have no idea how big a space became available for current stuff.

And once I get the projects finished in those millions of project boxes taken care of, I will be able to hold dancing balls in there!



2 comments:

  1. Good for you! It sounds like you are making some good progress in getting your sewing area organized and streamlined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still working on organizing my closet and drawers based on Maria Kondo's method! Which is really good...but requires work! HA

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!