Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Stitches For All

On Sunday we were loading Carrie’s SUV with stuff for a day at the zoo when Frank hit his head on the open back door.  They went on to the zoo, and I took Frank to the Urgent Care Clinic where he recieved two staples in the top of his head.  He then believed he had a concussion and spent the rest of the day actually LOOKING like he had a concussion.  He is fine.

Then on Monday I was scheduled to have the knot in my forearm removed by Kleinpeter, the surgeon who did my thyroid surgery.  My GP said it might be a cyst but it was not in the skin layer.  The surgeon thought it might be a blood clot from a previous IV.  It was neither.

It went to pathology to see what is.

Meanwhile, in the minutes prior to surgery, Frank shows the surgeon his head with the staples.  Now he gets to come in with me when I have stitches removed in two weeks.  Talk about upstaging me.....






My arm is doing  well, a one inch slice is glued and stitched together, much like the Improv Triangles I am working on right now.



4 comments:

  1. I'll tell you what...you two sure keep a blog post going! HA I feel for you both..honestly...but it does make for a funny post!!! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a day I wouldn't want to repeat soon. Hope the pathology report holds no surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez. That kind of thing happens all the time around here. Glad Frank was not more badly injured. Good to get those "growths" taken care of. I thought I had something to be removed but it was a fatty tumor at my elbow that I thought was causing a small amount of pain. Nope, turned out to be a bone spur and a shop helped but it's pretty much worn off now. Glad you two could get your doc appts. coordinated, lol.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. One planned and one unplanned … Hope your report comes back clean and glad Frank didn't hurt himself other than just a cut; it could have been a whole lot worse. You are going to have to take care of each other's booboos. Your triangles look good!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!