Thursday, March 26, 2020

Porch Quilt Show

As we walk through our neighborhood, we see chalked driveways with hearts and flowers, neighbors leaving messages for each each.  On Monday, when I put one of my quilts in the yard to air it out, I thought, hmmmm....

If I put this on the front porch, a lot of people could enjoy a Quilt show.  I can’t go to any of my quilt meetings since they are all cancelled, and we want someone to see our quilts, right?

So I put up a sign, and for the last three days I changed out the quilt each day.  people have been driving by, walking their dogs back and forth and looking at the quilts!  Today two ladies stopped Frank and asked to talk to me!

Like a celebrity!  I’ve gotten 20+ messages on Nextdoor about the quilts.  And messages on Facebook are so happy!

And if you notice, you can see DiNozzo in all the photos!

One lady in my neighborhood told me her grandmother came from a town near Gee’s Bend.  She has some of her quilts!  I would never have known that had I not had a Porch Quilt Show!!!!








5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! You found a way to spread joy and share one of the things you love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been thinking about how I could do this. I don’t have a good place to hang a quilt but I’m sure if I asked Ray he’d figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I don't have a porch and my front faces the south - not ideal for hanging a quilt, too much sun. You have given the people in your neighborhood something to look forward to every day. You may also find out how many quilts you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely fabulous idea!!! And how cool to learn of a connection to Gees Bend in your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!