Monday, March 23, 2020

Making Masks

Frank said he wanted to learn my machine, so I told him it would look fabulous on his Artist Statement that he learned to sew making masks for the COVID 19 response.

He did 3 and went out to generate some testosterone pushing the lawnmower around and killing snakes.  I made 9 more.

After I put the photo of Frank on IG one of Carrie’s friends called her. Her friend is 7 months pregnant and her husband is a health care worker,  she asked if I could make a mask for him

you bet!  He is getting all of the ones we made today!!!!

Such a little thing for me, a world for them!









5 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding a taker for the masks! Here there are people absolutely irate because the are not N-95 masks. If a health care worker wants one or a dozen it is a hood idea. They are trained and understand th shortcomings of these masks. Both you and Frank did good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fabulous that Frank wanted to learn to sew and make some masks. I have to find a pattern and directions for masks. I can see that I should spend some time making a few myself to give to the lady I work with. Her office is in the hospital and is working on the construction of new operating rooms and supporting spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for both of you!!!!! They don't replace the others, but they do offer masks for those in lower risk positions - and they add color to peoples' days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful of you both!!!! Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love when your good works pan out? I made a few for my sister, then made a few more. I was going to ask on FB who n
    needed them, but before I could post, I saw someone else asking for some. Done! If you offer, someone will be grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!