Friday, August 14, 2020

Four Years Ago, the Water Came Up

 Even though it has been four years, it feel like yesterday.  On Tuesday we had about 3 inches of rain in an hour.  I know we needed the rain and it wasn't going to flood, it still felt like the water was rising.  

Definitely PTSD flashbacks.

I have some photos from that day in 2016, that is our house looking from across the street.  And then photos of us being evacuated by the Cajun Navy with the dogs.  That trailer sitting in our driveway was our home for the next 9 months.


I am so grateful to those who helped us during that time.  Took us in, cleaned us up, fed us, helped demolish the house, helped rebuild the house.  I can never repay those kindnesses.  







3 comments:

  1. It seems that I can't find the words to say what I feel about this ~ words aren't enough. I have read about flooding in the news and wondered to myself how does one go about moving forward from that? I can't imagine that I could. The fact that you are drawn to making something wonderful out of scraps says a lot about your ability to gather what you can and not only make it work, but make it beautiful. I think you deserve a cape and recognition for your super-powers. I salute YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see on the news about a hurricane I think about what you went thru.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember following you on this terrible journey...my heart broke for you (& others)...but now life is good again!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!