Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Hot Handwork, Veggies and Quilting


Stephanie's amazing hand work.  Started at the Festival of Quilts trip to England we took in 2019.  


 Don't get me wrong, it is blasted hot out there.  The thermometer reading in my car said it was 94.  But it is so important that we share these few hours each week, that we gather under the pavilion in the park in the heat.

Today it was Suzi S, Tracy, Yvonne, Stephanie and I.  I worked at binding a small piece that will go into the CFAL exhibit in October.  And I laid out my Dale Evans piece and got some wonderful insight on the next step.  I was at a loss where to go to finish it.  I am so lucky to have friends who share their talents.

They helped me work out a perfect solution to the Dale Evans piece.

Since they will be in the exhibit, I can't show them to you now.  But I can show you this!

this is my Misfits Market box for this week.  It did arrive cold and on time.  

6 new potatoes, another jicama, 3 beet roots, that yellowed kale, a mango, 3 roma tomatoes, 5 plums, a grapefruit, a large white onion, 2 meyer lemons, two zucchini that were broken in half for some reason, a cucumber and 3 apples.  I need to figure out how to use those jicamas since I keep getting them.....



This is the piece I am working on quilting.  It will go on the wall in my bedroom behind the chair using the upholstery as inspiration.

More later......



2 comments:

  1. I need something like your pavillion visits! I am going stir crazy! Life is, but I am not sure what it is. More quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jicama: think french fry cut, toss with olive oil and bake in the oven. Chop/dice and use in soup or stew.

    Yea for your pavillion group gathering :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!