Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Beach Vacay


 Three friends and I have rented a beach house in Mississippi.  We are going to take a week for ourselves and just sew and play on the beach.  We each have our own bedroom and the common area should hold all 4 of us for sewing set ups. 

My eye doctor appt this morning gave me some unexpected news. The Cornea is continuing to degrade so he has listed me on a donor list. Wow, I never thought I would ever be on a donor list for anything!

It takes about 4-6 months to procure a match.  So I am looking at January or February

What a trip.  I am still digesting this new twist.



5 comments:

  1. Hard to digest news. Hope this works out well and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for that news but thank goodness for modern medicine and the ability to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear that your cornea is not recovering and that a transplant is in order. This issue was caused by shingles? If so, you would be telling me to get a shingles vaccine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to digest is an understatement! But cornea replacements are quite common from what I understand...ENJOY your vaca!!! You deserve it for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great vacay. Don't think about the coming surgery. Bet it WAS a shock.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!