Thursday, October 8, 2020

Hurricane Delta Eve

 Dogs are at the vet for their protection. I can’t see out of that eye except for light and dark. If we needed to evacuate in the dark I would have a lot of problems.   It is so quiet here without feet and ears.

At the present moment we are Projected to be on the eastern edge of the storm.  It seems to be tracking more westward.  Unfortunately that will take it over the same track that Laura took just weeks ago.  The news showed an aerial view of Lake Charles and all the debris still on the ground and blue tarps on just about every house.  The debris will become projectiles for sure.

So far we have had no rain. It was overcast all day.  Tomorrow is the key.  




6 comments:

  1. Hope you are okay. Thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the news, knew this will get you wet. I am thinking good thoughts for you. I appreciate you have the babies safe, wish we could help that eye. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outermost clouds are already beginning to arrive here . . . incredible how much territory one of these storms covers (and oh, the mayhem and damage and distress for those of you near landfall).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting some pretty strong wind gusts. The full brunt of it should be here in a couple of hours, but we'll be okay. You'll be okay, too. Just breathe. (Maybe take a Xanax or whatever.) Sorry to hear about your eye. I was hoping it was getting better.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!