Friday, November 13, 2020

Corneal Transplant

 It was a chaotic week, getting baby time in with new grandson Briggs, physicals with various doctors and meals at my favorite restaurants.  

On Wednesday Nov 11, 2020 I rode up the elevator to the sugprgery all by myself.  Frank was not allowed.  It was scary, very scary to be so alone.

During the surgery Dr. Heigle kept asking for lefties, righties and tires.  My sedated mind imagined he was building Hot Wheel Monster Trucks. 

Now my eye is sewn shut for the next month. And I look like I’ve been in a bar fight!  The sensations are interesting, like when my other eye reacts to light I can feel the shut one react as well.  

I took a shower today and washed my hair and I feel Marvelous!!!



3 comments:

  1. So glad you're doing well!!!! We're all pulling for you!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary on the elevator, scary lying there trying to figure out what was happening, but now you are on the hopeful stage that requires patience (that would eliminate me). You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I am excited to see how the whole thing works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to here you are doing well. The missing thing - thank goodness - before you had surgery was pain. When you have severe pain you feel so bad your not scared. Not sure that is a good thing, but that is what happened to me. You follow doctor's orders and take it easy for the next month!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!