Friday, January 26, 2018

One Monthly Goal Finish - Zig Zag




Wow, I finished my OMG for January.  Are you shocked?

Not as much as me!  LOL

In all seriousness, I did finish it about 2 weeks ago, and it was a good thing I did because all hell broke lose in the last two weeks.  I have been sick with "Not The Flu".


 Now Frank has it.  He was out of town for my illness so I had the three dogs wanting in and out and to eat for two days before he felt so bad he drove home from Houston to be sick here at home.



I started Zig Zag in a retreat.  It is a pattern from Cultural Fusion by Sujata Shah.  Lots of scraps in there!

I quilted it with a HUGE Baptist Fan pattern on my domestic head rather than the long arm.  You can go here to my Fun with Barb post to see why.........it wasn't pretty

It is bound in a red orangy fabric......just because.  there are so many colors in there I felt it needed to be contained by a strong color!

Not sure what I will do with it yet.

But it is declared finished!

And I am linking up with the Elm Street people at OMG - Finish for January Linky! 

And with Judy at Patchwork Times for the January UFO.......hey, it is NOT cheating.......





8 comments:

  1. Great job girl! It’s lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG certainly seems to help lots of people get things to the finish line. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Congratulations on your finish, and it's a beautiful quilt! Great idea to quilt with a (huge) fan pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful looking quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on OMG goal completion despite Barb. And I was thinking of buying that stencil. Maybe I should see for myself how much fun Barb is when hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TERRIFIC finish -- use it in the recliner and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job completing this! So far you are 1 for 1!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for UFO finish! Good call with using a strong color for the binding on this one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!