Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Quilt of Valor - a personal hero

I heard from a Swissy Friend of mine who recently returned to Maine after being stationed at the Naval Base in Belle Chasse LA with her husband and two boys. Hubby is a Marine who has been to the Middle East more than a couple of times.

She said he was being promoted to Colonel and we were invited to his promotion party in New Orleans! Yeah!

So I decided he needed his own personal Quilt of Valor! Since I met them though the dogs, Greater Swiss Mountain Dog guys, it is a red/white/blue 9 patch with a Swissy sitting on it. Billie Lauper's pattern "Who's On My Quilt?

In fact, Dutch and my first Swissy Quilt is on the back cover of her book!

So even better!

glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!