Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bay Leaf Trees Finally Planted

Hugeaux the Grand Dog is Back!
Today was work around the house day.  I also wanted to get another quilt on the frame for some quilting work, but that never happened.

Watermain Break
We clipped bushes in two areas including the Holly that has overflowed into Dale's yard.  Then we pulled up the two azaleas that are 25 years old and not doing so well and moved them to the back where the soil is rich from 27 years of clippings being deposited there and the shade will help them heal.  In their place I put my two sweet bay trees so I will have bay leaves next year.

See the water coming from
under the sidewalk?
And I planted a curly leaf parsley in between them.  Well, near them.  I bought an eggplant to put with either the bay trees or the fig that will be planted when Dottie  marks the lines.  We have the cable lines marked but need the phone lines done.  I know there are some phone lines in that area.  When they were putting the crepe myrtle trees in the front yard yesterday they hit the water line, but luckily did not break it.  We have already had two main water line breaks on our property during the drought a couple of years ago.

We reset the sun dial my father made, the ants had tunneled under it and it was leaning like the Tower of Pisa.  It used to be set to tell the time but now it is about 12 hours off!  LOL.  Tomorrow we can reset it to the correct time.

Two kinds of bread baking
Then I baked the rest of the bread dough in the refrigerator for rolls.  I want to make some cinnamon bread next.  I can taste it already

The quilt I wanted on the frame
We needed some mulch and some rye flour that I can't find anywhere in the city (and wouldn't you know the two stores I went to today both had it, go figure.)   I want to make a pumpernickel bread as well for some Reuben sandwiches this week.  Mmmmmm.

So no quilting yet, and we are off to dinner with Press and Ann soon as I feed the dogs!

glen


1 comment:

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!