Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day Weekend!

Yesterday we went to the Farmer's Market to score some tomatoes for a spaghetti sauce to die for!  My famous Spaghetti Sauce with pasta from Fresina's, Italian salad and pineapple homemade ice cream with fresh pineapple slices for dessert.

You can't ask for better than that!

These tomatoes sacrificed their skins for my sauce.  They, and the peppers, were picked on Thursday just for my pot!  You really cannot see how large these fellows are, Creoles!  I can't hold two of them in my hand, that is a measuring spoon on the chopping block with them.

Amber brought an amazing salad, and the pineapple ice cream didn't gel until after everyone had gone home, but it was all incredibly good!

And earlier in the day, Frank got the second best meal he loves, Magoo's Super Dog!  Cleaned the plate!

The dog's gave him funny cards that reflected their personalities.  Chloe's was a request to sleep on the couch with him, and DiNozzo's told him he was the best Pack Leader!  His Father's Day present from me was this Green Lantern shirt, just like Sheldon wears on the Big Bang Theory.  He loves it!  He is so much like Sheldon, amazing in itself.

I guess I love him in spite of himself.

I know a lot of wonderful men who have been incredible fathers to their children and their step-children.  Such an under represented group, so many kids are not as lucky as this group of children to grow up with a father in the house, involved with them every day, and the love from a solid family.  So Happy Father's Day to all the great fathers I know, Michael, Press, Dan, Xavier, Bobby, Frank, Glen, Gary.......you know who you are!

glen

1 comment:

  1. You know you love him as much as I love Xavier and just think you don't have to share your b-day with him. So have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!