Monday, January 6, 2014

Cold Noses

The weather people on all the stations last night were warning of a freeze and making sure people protected their pipes and their pets. Frank put up all the plants that get affected by the cold and covered the rubber tree sufficiently to protect it. (I bought it in 1979.)

So Frank announces last night that the weathermen are wrong and it won't get as cold as they have said.

This morning it was 21 degrees when I got out of bed at 7:30 AM. The weathermen had predicted 24.  So I am glad Frank is never wrong!  Don't they look good in their cozy warm coats?  Chloe refuses to wear clothes.  She does not play well with dress up. Putting anything on her causes her to become instantly rooted to the ground.  So at 21 degrees, she is naked.

I have to be in court this afternoon.  Hopefully it will be decided this afternoon and it will be over.  I have so many things going on. And I want to make some soup with lentils and sausage and some of the baby kale I found in the grocery store on Sunday.

I am on the program for the Feb meeting of one of the guilds and I need to set up some programs for the year. I have an agenda to set up for the CAAWS meeting this week and I have the Fundraiser meeting as well.

I have two pieces to finish, my challenge you can't see and the red sunprint.  Maybe tonight.

When it will be 14 degrees...........and I am believing the weatherman!

Lagter:  Tea Towel Fabric possibilities.







2 comments:

  1. It was 18 degrees when I got to work at 7:25 - yes, I walked - and now at 11:30 it is 7 degrees! We have had flurries all day and it rained all day yesterday and hard last night until it turned into snow. I call my brother yesterday in LA, Calif. and it was 70 degrees and sunny. I will have to wait until spring before and sun printing can happen here in Ohio. Let's just say there are no dandelions to be found right now unless you dig under the snow! Take care and try to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys look so dapper in their jackets. The temperature here is taking a big dip, too ... though the weather people assure us we'll be back to normal in a few days. Keep warm and drive safe--watch out for black ice.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!