Sunday, May 3, 2015

Several Culinary Wins!

I finally got the date for the cooking class that was cancelled by the storm last week.  Lisa finally has power again, but she was one of the last to get it back.

The Menu will be:


Raspberry “Mom-Mosas”, 
Savory Cheddar Waffles with Creamy Scrambled Dill Eggs & Avocados, 
Stone-Ground Grits with Roasted Tomatoes, 
Strawberries with Praline Cream

Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? 

Along with some friends we were able to score a table in one of the hardest places to get into.  The Velvet Cactus.  It is a fantasitcal place with incredible LA-Mex food.  The best Sangria, even better than I make!  I had tacos with jalapeno cream, enchiladas with shrimp and pesto and plantains!  

Now my next conquest will be to get into The Rum House.   It is Caribbean based Louisiana cuisine.  I have heard it is wonderful but difficult to get into like the Velvet Cactus.

And today, Frank and I hit Dairy Queen after the Hibiscus Show for the chili cheese dog and sweet iced tea!  Can't get better than that!

 There are some 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners among the general population of those offered to the judges. 
   This was one of the Grand Champion winners, in the single petal category.


This was one of my favorites.  When have you ever seen a beige flower?


This is a double or triple flower.  The colors were gorgeous.


The yellows were incredible as well.   I wanted to buy this one but I really don't have a place for it right now.


This was the Best In Show Grand Champion bloom!  Looks like velvet.


1 comment:

  1. The flowers are gorgeous! Things are starting to warm up here and I need to get some seeds planted! You are making me hungry with all that good food you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!