Thursday, November 30, 2017

Lynne Will Find This Funny

A couple weeks back I decided birds were in my future.  I always knew I would end up with birds, I just kept putting it off. 

I downloaded my friend Lynne Tyler's Liberated Bird Tutorial (Which can be found here) Lynne blogs at The Patchery Menagerie (which can be found here).  She is also a member of the Secret Society of Barn Builders with me. 

So.....I downloaded and saved the tutorial for the birds.  When I went to look for it, I had no idea where I put it.   (Really, Lynne?  That is not the funny part.)

After several 10 minute segments and a few curse words, I found it.  But it wouldn't open with my word processor.  I got gibberish.  (No, Lynne.  That is not the funny part either.)  I finally got it to open in a PDF.

Do a test block, my inner voice kept saying.  Luckily I listened to it.  Normally I would not have.

Test block.  Pretty easy, however, I did have to re-read several things.  Well, I READ it after I glossed over the words and just looked at the pictures.  So read it.....just don't glance at the photos of the birds.

 All of a sudden I was finished. 

Poor bird.......now, Lynne, THAT is funny!

I ended up with an off balance, peg-legged pirate bird.

But his beak looks fabulous!


Do take a look at Lynne's latest bird quilt....Amazing. 

Her legs look way better than my peg leg guy. 


6 comments:

  1. The beak IS fabulous as is those butterfly wings. Peg leg Pete needs a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it is a liberated bird and it is what it is - a bird with sturdy legs! The beak turned out great and your choice of fabric for the body and wing are so cool! How many of these are you planning on making?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But at least you made your FIRST bird! Bet the next one has non-peg-legs (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A peg-leg pirate bird sounds awesome. Perhaps a few friends would help him feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I agree with everyone else. He needs some friends. Perhaps one with a pirate's eye patch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glen, you did great! Many first birds have legs of uneven widths! The ladies in my classes who create them have all kinds of reasons for them, and SOME of them are fit for public consumption. Do we laugh! You have absolutely NAILED the beak! I am glad you could figure out a bird by mostly "winging" it but I worked hard on those written instructions. Thank you for telling folks to actually READ them. Love your bird. Thanks for the shout out!

    hugs
    Lynne
    (Millie is the cat)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!