Monday, April 2, 2018

Frank Does Baby Curling For His Birthday

I have a quick post for you, only because it is an amusing one, of course.

Frank's birthday is today.  He is not having the best of days.

On Friday last, we went to Middendorf's to have that sinfully good Fried Catfish with my brother Kenny and sister-in-law Michelle.  Carrie, Andrew and the Baby joined us.  Frank kept saying he broke a tooth.  On catfish and cole slaw.  Soft things. 

He was never in any obvious pain, and I figured if you had broken a tooth, you would not be able to eat or enjoy yourself or drink cold drinks of any sort. 

He did all those things. 

For the entire weekend.  The dentist was not open for the whole of Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

I could have called the emergency line and gotten him in quickly on Friday but he seemed to be fine.  So I chalked it up to Drama King Frank.  You know I would have called the Emergency Dentist, don't you?  I would have.  Really.  In spite of the fact I thought he was just.....well, never mind. 

So the dentist says he is shocked Frank is not in horrible searing pain because the tooth is broken at the gumline and down to the root.  Obviously the root is already dead so he will need a root canal and a crown.

BABY CURLING
Don't feel too badly for him, this is the man who lost a crown 5 years ago and argued with the dentist saying he didn't have any crowns!

Well, Thursday he will have one more.

Tonight we had a nice dinner with Carrie and Andrew.  We also had a nice luncheon with Sawyer where we went to the Salad Station and tossed peas and beets and crackers on the floor with wild abandon!  It was quite embarrassing, too.  Everyone else in there was acting quite adult!

But this is best of all.  In between naps.......for both of them.....I was encouraging some exercise.  Frank was sweeping the driveway so Sawyer's feet wouldn't get dirty.

When I posted it to Instagram a friend of mine said Oh, Baby Curling!  I wish I had thought of that!  I love it!


5 comments:

  1. Poor Frank! But he and Sawyer did invent a new sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby curling - too funny! Happy birthday to Frank a day late! I wonder what happened to his tooth? Did he swallow it? Ok, I really don't want to know! LOL!!! I am glad he wasn't in any pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering if Frank has a high tolerance for pain or just doesn't care. I don't want to hurt so I would have found an emergency dentist or at least headed to Walgreens for the emergency tooth repair kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My laugh for the day! Thanks for the uplifting post...do feel bad for your hubby...oh wait...he's not in pain so I take it back! Do hope the root canal goes well for him (& you!)...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!