Sunday, April 8, 2018

Chocolate Chipolte Bacon Beignets and Cambodian Art



 This morning we had breakfast at Batch 13 (Chocolate Chipotle Bacon Beignets) and headed to the Cambodian Art Sale.

It was part of the Mission from the Methodist Women who travel there monthly bringing supplies to the school they support.  Lots of had embroidered purses, back packs, jewelry and hand dyed scarves.  I bought a fish purse and some bead bracelets.  Frank gave
them the rest of the $20 as a donation.  I can see some Christmas presents down the road!

Later at home, I told Frank he had to take care of all the dogs
.  That meant I could have uninterrupted time in my studio without having to let dogs in and out.  I could concentrate and complete my thoughts.

I got so much done in the afternoon.

I finished the first round on the Cotton Robin and packaged it up for mailing off to Christa in Virginia.

I got the Modern Robin round finished up and boxed for the meeting on Monday.

I did the Lotto Block for Remember Me for the April Meeting.

I did the Lotto Block for the Modern Guild meeting for Monday night.




I did an improvisational piece for my Fiber Exploration Group this month.







 I passed out some letters like E, T, H, I, L and O.

I asked the members to use those letters as inspiration and use the shape  to

create a piece for the next meeting.

I am really happy with what I have so far on my project.  Being
able to work improvisationally is incredible.  You start out with an idea.  I work with a What If...... style.  What if I add this color....yes or no.  What if I add white......oh no!

I wanted a cityscape.  Then I wanted to add a factory to my piece.  I guess I am into factories since I have one in my blue jean road piece as well.  

I kept trying to add white into the mix and it kept kicking it out!  After looking at it for a while on my design wall, I may be able to add some in by doing a ladder grid under the last row of grey.  I can try it a bit in the next day or so.

Sawyer is sick, so I get to have him tomorrow.  So long planned day........


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear Sawyer is sick. I wish you all the best with your next round of exercise classes. Getting stronger will help you from falling too! You have to protect that knee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Chocolate Chipotle Bacon Beignets! Hope grandma doesn't get a present from Sawyer! HA Just enjoy the day being grandma, which I know you do.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!