Sunday, April 8, 2018

Quilt Top Finished


I got this far today on the Baby Greens. 

I still need to finish quilting the bird quilt.  I am 3/4 finished and finally got the tension issues sorted out.  I think it was the bobbin.  It must have wound weird or something.  Why I didn't think of that sooner.  It would have saved me a lot of grief.

 Tomorrow I am going to a Cambodian Art Fair downtown.  I saw a write up in the paper a couple of weeks ago and reached out to them, thinking it might be something interesting to see.

Maybe to have.  We had a lot of original art and my neighbor had a lot of Asian and Chinese art in her house. 
McGee - Alive, but in hiding

The Cambodian Fair happens twice a month so if it is good we might make it something fun to do.

Downtown offers a lot of interesting things.  Like breakfast, those fabulous beignets........calories!

Yesterday Carrie and I went shopping for some clothes.  I have lost enough weight that most of my clothes no longer fit me.  Even the ones I bought after the flood seem  to hang on me now.  That is a good thing.  But I needed a few things that fit me better.  (so in compromise, today I ate a donut and a hamburger.)

I started another month of Performance Classes and these are Core Body work outs.  My shoulders and butt muscles are killing me from the Friday class!  But I can tell you that I was able to hold a plank position for one minute while using one hand to shake a rope back and forth 20 times!

Super Woman!

It wasn't pretty, form wise.  But that will get stronger as the month goes on.

Gotta start somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. I hate to admit a bobbin is wound inconsistently on the long arm because it means I have to unwind all that thread into the trash. Someone suggested just rewinding onto another bobbin, but I get rid of it. It has happened twice in the 2 years I owned the machine. I won't put the bobbin down for fear I will forget to get rid of the thread. I like the greens and blues top and am sure that it will be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt top turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!