Thursday, April 5, 2018

No Quilts and No Root Canals

What a day!

I had two doctor appointments in the same vicinity in the medical district near the hospital.  I thought I would be smart and save some gas and get some exercise by parking in one lot and walking between the two.  So I got there a bit early, parked in the hospital lot and walked to Dr. Menon's office.

Trouble was, I had only driven to his office from one direction, the opposite from which I was walking and I didn't recognize the street from the way I was walking.  And everything does look different from the sidewalk, you know.   Vastly different, in fact.

Luckily there were a lot of nursing students walking between the  nursing school and the hospital so there were lots of pedestrians along the streets and the traffic was used to people wandering aimlessly in the crosswalk.

I finally made it to the  office, still half an hour early and registered.  They took me early even! I should have known it was too good to be true.

I walked back to the hospital buildings.  My next appointment was 2 1/2 hours later in the Balance Center.  They require you to be there 20 minutes early to fill out and verify paperwork to be ready to meet with your professional on time!  I was there at the appropriate 20 minutes early,

They however, were running late. My appointment was for 11:45 am but at 12:15 the receptionist told us they were running late and it would be 10 or 15 minutes before they could clear a room out.  No problem.

They got a room cleared in half an hour.

Another half an hour later I got put into a room.

Half an hour later I left without ever seeing the doctor, telling them Frank had to go to his root canal appointment. Across town

So we head out to Frank's 2 pm Root Canal.  He gets to the Dentist who says he is going to work on the one on the left side, Frank says the right side.  This results in the owner of the clinic getting involved and taking over.  He looks at the whole thing and decides that Frank doesn't even need a root canal t all.

Really?

So he is getting just a crown.......

Oh, man.

What a day.  My head is STILL spinning!  At least there was a quilt meeting in there somewhere! 

4 comments:

  1. I really know that kind of day! Take joy from the little pleasures. My day wasn't the best but my pleasure was realizing fajitas are still on my food lisr. Meat, well cooked onions and bell peppers and white flour tortillas. Had to have a little avocota dip- for natural fat for the skin. Then the day got bad again as it usually does on combination day. But my simple pleasure kept me smiling! So keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dislike professional service providers that run that far behind. If there could be an emergency, I understand. This is the balance center, and having been through balance protocols and see no way for an emergency except personnel not showing up. That happened once in my treatment, but I was told when I walked through the door that the guy that normally saw me was also seeing a fellow provider's patients and was already running about 25 minutes behind. I was given the choice of waiting or taking an appoint on the next day. I took the next day appointment and found out it was supposed to be his day off, but he wanted everyone to have a good experience and the girl covered for had a serious health issue. I was told up front and given options. My time is as important as theirs so they need to value it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to your life!! What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you telling me they were going to do a root canal when he didn't even need one? I would be so pissed. I hate and dread the dentist and to make someone sit on that chair for an hour and listen to that drill with the slurping air thing going on every two minutes. To say nothing of the cost. Jeesh!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!