Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Birds Before the Storm

It is fixing to storm here.

And the birds are gorging themselves at the feeders while McGee hides in his hidey hole in the laundry room.

I was going to go to the grocery store and grab some Windex and
Ice Cream (seems I am out of both) but I have to baby sit the scaredy cat boy for a while yet,  I guess.

The other feeder has 4 perches and is upright.  there was a waiting line for the feeders as the storm got closer.

















I lost all the bird books in the flood so I can't identify all the different species but they are most likely house wrens of various sorts.





The chickadees are usually here in force but I don't see them today.



You can make any of the photos larger by clicking on them.




The cardinals were trying to keep the squirrels from getting the sunflower seeds that the little birds were kicking to the ground.   When the cardinals would fly away, the squirrels would come back.  I wonder why my HUNTING DOGS don't help the cardinals take care of the squirrels.

When I had Swissys we had NO SQUIRRELS.



 So while I was waiting. I threw some blue fabric on the long arm and did some play quilting.  I should be cleaning up the house since I have this huge party this weekend.

Anything to do FUN Stuff and not CLEANING stuff.  You know.

I did get into the Long Arm Room and straighten up and organize a lot.  You may not think I did anything but I really did a lot of cleaning and organizing.

2 comments:

  1. Stelly says that you are freeing your mind to organize how to proceed. Besides since I know how clean your house is, the isn't that much cleaning to do! Have a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black bibbed birds are the stinking English Sparrows..not native to America and enemy to my Blue Birds. Every time I say that somewhere in the back of my mind I hear immigrants. Brother. We have the purple finch here and I can't believe they have been drinking from my Humming Bird feeders. We have lots of nut trees in the neighborhood so there are plenty of squirrels that drive my dogs crazy. They all have a great time playing in the back yard. The other day the barking drove me crazy so I called Harley inside. I am NOT kidding you, they came to the front deck and looked in the window looking for Harley. Maybe they were saying "Na na na NA nah" because he was barking and could not come out.

    Well, not your room is clean so you are ready to go.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!