Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Tommy's Been Smoking Some of That Good California Stuff

Three weeks ago I ordered a new fan for the den.  The one I have in there was at the house in Hammond.  Which means it is older than Carrie by about 6 years.  It is pushing 40.

And it is old style, which is worse than age.  Since every thing in my life is now MOD-DERN!



As luck would have it, I got a Lamps Plus Catalog on the exact day I made the decision to buy a new fan.  And it had all their fans on sale.  And I liked one of them a lot.  I called them up and talked to Tommy, a VERY friendly Customer Service Rep who was pretty chatty and happy about me calling and ordering this fan

Now if THAT isn't a sign...………………..

So I thought it was going to be delivered last Friday and Frank assured me that he and Hunter had it under control.  They would get the Modern Fan installed and ready for the Big Party.

It failed to arrive Friday...….or Saturday...….or Monday.

Imagine my excitement when The FedEx truck pulled up and delivered their package today.  I waved excitedly to them as they drove away.  But my smile was not as big as it should have been.

There was no way a fan was going to be fitting into this box.  That is a fountain pen on top of that box there.

Hmm.....I see a problem.

I called Lamps Plus as I opened the box.  I told Liz that the box came but there was no fan in it.  She asked what was in it.  I was really not sure.

We discussed what it was.  She said it was a Replacement Crystal.  But we couldn't figure out why Tommy had sent it to me.  It certainly did not go with my Ultra Modern Fan.

Right?

I told Liz that I thought Tommy had been smoking some of that California Good Stuff.  She asked it if was legal here,  I told her that we would certainly need help from the deities on high if it ever was legalized here.

Can you see dos Crazy Cajuns on Weed, Cher?

Oh, my yeah!







So Liz seems to think there will be a Super Special FedEx truck that will come personally for me and deliver my fan.

Just for me.  Today.

I am not so confident.

Maybe Tommy shares with Liz.


6 comments:

  1. Oh how funny--well at least the way you told the story was funny!!!
    and how sad you don't have your fan yet--hope it does come really soon for you--
    enjoy, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha ha!!! i gotta tell you, this one truly did make me laugh - out loud - especially since i live in colorado, land of the rocky mountain high...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. Although I never tried wacky tebakky, my roommate would come home high deposit her purse outside the door and proceed to say and do some pretty funny stuff for about 3 hours. I think Tommy and Liz must be a lot like her. If the fan comes today maybe you want to send some snacks, my roommate loved salty, her boyfriend spicy. BTW as I read this I realized that I didn't tell you her purse was outside the door because she almost always had a little something extra in it and I was (and still am) a little worried about doing stuff that might get me in trouble. No risk, no worry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think weed might be legal in Ohio - I don't know. I do know there are lots of people trying to get the licenses to grow it. Talk about a gold mine! It is bad enough with the opioid crises, meth, etc. and alcohol, now people driving will be high on weed now that it will be legally available. That is a very cool fan. Let's hope it comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed that special truck brings your weed-free fan ASAP !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that fan comes really quick. Oh that wacky weed is not legal here but we have our fingers crossed it will be. You can get it everywhere if you know someone. My daughter does and it helps with an issue she has with her rotator cuff. I sure hope your fan comes and Liz is not just janking your chain. (could not resist.)
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!