Sunday, June 23, 2019

Photography Basics

Two weeks ago I was too sick to take the class I had signed up for ( and put a deposit down for) with Wen Redmond.  I had really wanted to take the class, which was Digital Printing on Various Substrates.  If you really know me, that is something that was really exciting to me.  

I decided that the Photography Basics class at the Art Council was the next best thing,  Before the flood I had a lot of camera equipment.  Flashes, lenses, filters, several different camera bodies.  Some nice cases and carrying bags, too.  As the water came that night, I was able to put my photo books and some photos up in the bookcase.  But I put my camera equipment up on top of the refrigerator.

Who would have thought that fridges are nothing but boxes of cold air and turn over and float when presented with a lot of water.  

So the camera I have now is a Canon Powershot, that and my phone actually take pretty good photos.  

One of the things Adin said was to take at least one purposeful photo every day.  Then look back at your pictures and see how you could improve something.  

A lot like quilting, I guess.  Practice, evaluate, improve. 

I really like both, photography and quilting.  Hopefully I can improve on both!



1 comment:

  1. I take lots of pictures and share the hobby of bird, wildlife and outdoor photography with my husband. I am not as good as I would like to be, but we attend seminars and classes together and I do get a little better. The real thing to study now is post processing. Photoshop scares me but we have a couple of classes on thumb drives that is helping a little.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!