Sunday, April 5, 2020

Day 13 - A very Lucky Day

Today I did an interview with the Advocate, the local newspaper that is in Baton Rouge and New Orleans!  I need to send her some photos of me and the quilts and the quilt show!! I’ll let you know when it runs.






So today is Day 13 of the Porch Quilt Show. I made this quilt on a retreat in Tickfaw, LA about 8 years ago.  It is special because it contIns squares of shirts from ,pay dad, my mom and Frank.

My dad had a heart attack while making margaritas, what a great way to go!  And my mom died of Alzheimer’s about 9 years ago now.

Frank has mixed feelings being in a quilt with dead people.

3 comments:

  1. A quilt with dead people is an honor. My concept of death was inherited from my daf and it isn't at all scary. Just moving on. Most of my early life was sort of death filled, grandparents, uncles, a brother, neighbors. It is a part of life that I had to be comfortable with. The concept of being alive and being surrounded by dead folks comforts me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that quilt! How big are the squares? That would be a good way to use up the bins and bins of scraps I have. I want to make quilts with my scraps that don't look so orderly like a Bonnie Hunter scrap quilt. I want it to look more random like this one. Those are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to say you are becoming quite a celebrity!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!