Thursday, February 4, 2016

Stinkin' Cute Challenge Quilt

Oye!  Dios Mio!  Don't you just hate sitting through meetings where people just have no idea how meetings should be run.  And remember my rant about the money going to charity?  Fully 3/4 of the meeting was dedicated to either the Giving Quilt (a guild formed strictly to funnel quilts to charity) and people trying to convince our guild to give our money to Parker House (who used the money we gave them last year to take 8 kids to Disney World.)  Geez.

The meeting should have been focused on the Challenge and the members who made quilts to put in the challenge. 

I think the priority of the guild has changed.  And not for the better. 

But let me tell you about the GREAT QUILTS.


There were 25 quilts hanging in the challenge.  The Challenge was to use a single block in any way that created a secondary challenge.

I am telling you, my quilt is stinkin'  cute.  Just plain stinkin' cute.  I got 3rd place.  I would have voted for the one that won First Place (had mind not been so stinkin' cute!)




I am calling it At The Zoo!  Like Simon and Garfunkle's hit off the same name.







Here are the rest of the quilts  There are some beauties in there.  Each quilt has blue tape outlining the single block that creates the pattern.  See if you can see them all. 

And which one would you have voted for?




You can see mine  in the background there.







The grey and white one took first place!




This one won 2nd place





8 comments:

  1. I love yours! The gray and white, not so much. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (PS - I got my Paw Wars tshirt too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I would have voted for yours. Stinkin cute is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is soooooo stinking cute!!! I would definitely have voted for your stinking cute one for first place because it was the most ORIGINAL.....and sticking cute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I love it! All the quilts were really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have voted for your stinkin' cute quilt because it is stinkin' cute! For the dots did you use buttons or are those applique little black circles? Congratulations on your third place finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love yours.... stinkin' cute indeed. It would've had my vote, no question.
    That crab cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love yours.... stinkin' cute indeed. It would've had my vote, no question.
    That crab cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!